I suggest you ...

default from/to comparison

When diffing a file, I'd like to be able to set the default from type and to type that are specified so that the shift key bypass is more useful to me.

The defaults of Base and Working are useless to me as that shows what I've done locally - which, if I'm committing as often as I should, I know what I've done. Being able to default to Latest Version instead of Base would save me lots of clicks.

9 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
rewfus shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • rewfus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree - I do most diffing from the recent changes view and it'd be real nice if people could set the defaults so they can use the shift bypass or if that's not feasible then at least default one end of the comparison done through the recent changes view to "latest version".

• Adminsrijken (Software Engineer, AnkhSVN & SharpSvn Projects) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The right way to fix this in AnkhSvn, is to fix the from/to revisions when using the Recent Changes view. Recent Changes shows you what revisions/files have newer versions in the repository. It makes much more sense to diff working <-> base in case of a remote change, or remote + local change

• rewfus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Updating frequently certainly is one way of working that I'm sure many people employ. I happen to prefer to compare immediately prior to updating so that I can stay abreast of the changes others make to a project. So, I do in practice update frequently, but almost never without doing a comparison first. Allowing people to set preferences for the default comparison they want would allow people that employ other development methodologies to work more effectively with this tool.

Feedback and Knowledge Base