I suggest you ...

Better support of 'Web Site' projects

On Adding and Checkout AnkhSVN currently only handles projects in a single tree, just like all other Subversion clients.

The Visual Studio SCC api also allows SCC providers to support different layouts. E.g. a solution with libraries somewhere below 'D:\Projects' and a website on 'C:\inetpub\wwwroot\mysite' or a central server like '\\devserver\sites\my-site'

AnkhSVN should be extended to handle these layouts in both 'Add to Subversion' as Checkout scenarios. And via the scc-enlist support these paths should be per user definable to support different layouts on different systems. (On Checkout this could be a connect to an existing directory of a new checkout on a different location).

302 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    rhuijbenAdminrhuijben (Bert Huijben, AnkhSVN & SharpSvn Projects) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • minikillerminikiller commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i download source from svn. but i can not find msi file when i build solution under vs2010. what is reason? can anyone tell me? thanks!

• maxsephirothmaxsephiroth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i have a solution in vs2008 includes one web service project , one dll project and one wınforms ınterface project.
        when i try to add solution to svn dll project and wınforms project goes fine but web service can not committed it gives an error like

SharpSvn.SvnRepositoryIOException: Commit failed (details follow): ---> SharpSvn.SvnRepositoryIOException: Server sent unexpected return value (200 OK) in response to MKCOL request for

can anyone tell me what ıs the problem ??

• rhuijbenAdminrhuijben (Bert Huijben, AnkhSVN & SharpSvn Projects) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Apolo sun. Were the original checkouts created with the current AnkhSVN release or with an older AnkhSVN/TortoiseSVN.

Some early Subversion 1.6 releases sometimes make a folder 'sparse'. That way updating folders doesn't retrieve new files.

If you have more details that can help us resolve this issue for you please mail our user mailinglist.

Thanks!

• Apollo SunApollo Sun commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have used seveal version AnkhSVN with my asp.net web site project (not the asp.net web application ), include the AnkhSvn-2.1.7141.181. But they have the same big issue that when we added and commited new files, whenever created in IDE or copied from OS system file explorer, the new files can't be retrieved by other AnkhSvn clients. We can find the new files in svn repository, but can't get them by AnkhSvn. I used the following tools:
        Windows Server 2008 sp1
        Visual Studio.Net 2008 sp1
        .Net Framework 3.5 sp1 (my project used .Net Framework 2.0 sp2)

• martinmartin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just out of curiosity, what is meant with "better support ..."?

We are using web site projects with AnkhSVN and I have not noticed any incompatibilities or problems.

• lalcalalalcala commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are a web agency who want to migrate from SourceSafe to SVN and we need an extrem compatibility with website project :).

Feedback and Knowledge Base