I suggest you ...

allow comment templates

It would be nice if we could set up a template for commit comments so that we do not have to add a comment structure that we use to make comments look uniform

72 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    anonymousanonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • James TurnerJames Turner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How about providing a right-click "Use log template" option, which when clicked will populate the commit box with the "tsvn:logtemplate" property that has been set on the root of the project or file that is being committed?

Kind regards

• rhuijbenAdminrhuijben (Bert Huijben, AnkhSVN & SharpSvn Projects) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The only template currently supported is righ click->"Paste Filename list"

Most other tools only open the commit dialog on an explicit commit and generate a log message at that point. The AnkhSVN pending changes window, however is already open when you didn't change a file yet.

Applying the log message templates as used by other tools would have to be done when you start writing the log message. But there is no event at that point (as the window is potentially always open).

We could at least extend the current 'paste filenames' feature to provide the list via the template instead of just the files.

Feedback and Knowledge Base