AnkhSVN - General

Welcome to the AnkhSVN feedback forum. Do you have an idea? Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? We want to hear from you!

We track development issues in our issue tracker. Please add references to relevant issues.

AnkhSVN - General

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

1. "Needs-lock" files must be locked before editing. When Server is not available, ReadOnly attribute (R) must be deleted with File-Explorer, should be possible within Viaual Studio.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. It is not necessary to show an unmodified icon if a file isn't modified. The solution explorer will look cleaner with less noise. Please add at least an optional setting for this.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. when I commit in Visual studio, this screen appears:
    "You are trying to commit files from several subversion working copies. Which working copies would you like to commit with the current log message?"
    After this there is a list of paths. My question is: is there a way to remove all these paths. I only need one of them and now I always need to check/uncheck the right one out of this list.
    Thanks!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This tracker is for ideas, not for bug reports and questions. (Use users@ankhsvn.open.collab.net for that).

Your fix would be to not select files from multiple working copies or if the multiple working copies are from a single repository: to wait for Subversion1.7 / AnkhSVN 2.3, which will allow committing from multiple repositories at once.

Moving a target to the ignore-on-commit list will make sure it isn’t checked by default.

4. Great product. I want to pay

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

As some of you might (or might not) know my work on AnkhSVN, SharpSvn and Subversion is paid by CollabNet.

So the development is partially funded by companies that subscribe to CollabNet support packages (which btw. include AnkhSVN support).

We are currently not looking at opening other ways of funding, but casting a lot of votes on this request might make us change our mind.

5. Visual Studio plugin is great. Any plans to create a SQL Server Manager plugin?

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. The context menu for modified files in the Pending Changes tool window is lacking an "Open With..." item.

"Open With" is useful when reviewing changes that open up a full designer - for example, complex XAML Workflows can take a very long time to open and occasionally it makes more sense to open them with the XML Editor.

This is true for just about all files with designers.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Currently the Repository Explorer shows the current state of the repository. It would be nice to be able to see an older state (ie. older revision).

For example, if a file or directory is deleted, currently the only way to find it is to browse through the History Viewer, trying to find it there.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I can see a new issue in 2.3 (SVN 1.7) - when I update from the Pending changes, some files are for a brief moment shown as red (changed, added, or deleted). This happens only for a short while and disappears once the update is completed.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The best place to implement this would be in the Subversion core libraries. Otherwise some subversion clients would work while others fail.

(The proxy settings in Tools→Options→Source Control→Subversion also apply to all other Subversion clients, as they just change the shared registry location)

2 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?